Psalm 101:1-3 (ESV)
1 I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will make music.
2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.
Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
within my house;
3 I will not set before my eyes
anything that is worthless.
1. Remain focused on praising God…He comes first!
- Your family must see your love for God. Read His Word in their presence.
- Belt out a tune of praise, at least until they beg you to stop and the dog’s howling compensates for your worst notes.
- Share how God has been faithful in His provision for your family…testify of His goodness.
- Go to church and participate...your kids are watching you.
2. Consider your ways in light of God’s Word and the life of Jesus.
- Let God’s Word penetrate your heart and mind. Don't just read it, think about it, and apply it.
- You can’t offer what you don’t possess. Walk with Jesus. Take the next step that you know God is calling you to. Lead yourself so you can lead your family.
- Serve somewhere and take your kids. Apply your faith in your family's presence by loving others...show them servanthood.
3. Be a man of integrity in your home…rise above the world’s standards of manhood.
- Be a man of integrity. Keep your word.
- Show your family what love does.
- Honor your wife in the kids presence.
- If you say you will do something with your kids…do it! If you told your wife you would help her with some housework or finish a project….keep your word!
4. Keep your focus!!! Don’t let useless distractions keep you from your task of loving God, spouse and kids! Be fully present when home.
- Don’t let TV, computer, Facebook or any other thing capture your mind and heart.
- Every thing we do is an exchange. We exchange our time for things that bring value or things that sidetrack.
- Invest in what is going to bring the best return.
- Your legacy is riding on what you are exchanging your time and attention with.